Do you remember the moment?
The moment you realised your home doesn’t represent YOU, while having no idea what does?
Sure, retailers, supermarkets and general advertising do their best at convincing you their products will solve problems you never realised you had (and while being honest here, we’ve all fallen for it!)…
…But, amazingly, the end result still remains the same.
(Let’s be honest here)
…seeing it as series of upgrades (the men in your life will love this terminology too!) so your home works harder for you?
Works harder at being comfortable, inspiring, relaxing, entertaining, and everything in between.
Upgrades that will make your home every bit as hard-working as you are.
Isn’t it easier…
…to NOT rock the boat (or, magnolia box) and stay inside, rather than trying to create something wonderful that may not satisfy you, or, worse yet, make you strive for more?
Because wanting more is a sign of greed. And greed is bad.
average number of hours spent commuting or working each week
average number of items per room per home
average number of days taken for stress-related conditions in the UK in 2014 *
of people want their house to feel like their home
How do I know this?
It’s simple. I’m you, from the future.
…oooOOOooo… <cue ghostly sounds> I know what it’s like, because I’ve been there. I too have suffered the guilt of unused hand-me-downs, not liking the gifts I should, keeping books and such because:
- they were expensive!
- they were impossible to get hold of
- I might need them one day, so keep them “just in case”.
Let me tell you a secret…
“Just in case” never comes.
So, how does that help you?
Imagine the scenario:
You have a problem that you want to talk over with people you trust.
Meet Person A
Person A doesn’t understand the problem at all, asks you Why that is even an issue (helpful, no?), and then makes you feel silly for having the problem in the first place.
You start to consider that, maybe, just maybe, you’re the only one in the entire world with the problem and confirms what a weirdo you are!
Meet Person B.
Person B provides a listening ear, chimes in with “Oh yeah, me too!” and, best of all, says the magic words:
I had that problem.
Isn’t it stressful?
This is what I did to resolve the problem.
Have you tried <insert scenario a / b / c>”
I am She. Person B.
I’ve been exactly where you are now.
Here’s what my lovely clients have said about previous work:
Following months of struggling with lots of ideas for our bathroom, we met with Suzzy who managed to collate all our random thoughts into one beautiful design in no time at all!
We were really impressed with her knowledge of a huge range of products and suppliers, especially those that were eco-friendly which was an important part of our initial brief.
Couldn’t think of a better person to bring design concepts to life.Shiru
Suzzy is a truly gifted interior designer: not “only” incredibly creative, seeing potential everywhere, but also full of practical advice.
She appreciates your personal style and immediately gauges the type of colours/patterns/textures and styles that would fit your personality and make your house your home.
She has given us so much precious advice that we will follow with confidence, because that’s something else she does: transmits that calm confidence.
First things we’ll do is get our hands on these Annie Sloan chalk paints – pictures will follow!
you’re a star, Suzzy!
What do I do?
I help you create a story.
The story of you. Spaces full of light and joy, of comfort, sanctuary, and healing.
Take a look at some of my previous work below:
How shall we work together?
Each home is as unique as you, which is why I don’t believe in offering only one service. Instead, my intention is to build a tailor-made package that suits not only your needs, but your budget, your family and your home.
Services available include, but are not limited to:
- Space planning – are you struggling to figure out the best way to furnish your space? Perhaps you’re considering buying a new squishy comfy sofa for the lounge, but unsure whether it would fit in the space? Or, perhaps you’re considering gutting the kitchen and bathroom (s), but don’t know where to start?
- Concept creation – imagine you have a blank canvas in front of you, a little daunting isn’t it? This is where I step in *dons cape* and guide you in the direction of how to listen to your instincts within the design and help you discover a scheme that’s easy to follow, giving you confidence it’ll provide you with the relaxed and comfortable space you so badly wish for
- Colour scheme creation – similar to the above, but this time we play with colours! Not necessarily in the way kids do, but not too dissimilar. Are you considering investing in a new colour scheme, perhaps the usual magnolia has had its time? It’s time to explore the exciting world of wonderful colours; coordinating, harmonising, complementing and abstract
- Floor plan drawings – Before making any big furniture investments, it’s always worthwhile getting a second opinion to make sure the furniture fits the space. What I will do is provide you with a blueprint, based on accurate measurements of what’s existing (walls, ceiling height, furniture) and make recommendations of furniture size that would be appropriate for the space.
- Lighting specification – If you’re considering investing in new lighting, I will help to ensure you make the right choices based on usage (kitchen, bathroom, living room or bedroom as examples) and the level of natural light available (for example, in a window-less space I would hesitate to recommend dim lighting. Unless you’re Count Dracula?)
- Sample boards including finishes – we’re often very much lead by our senses; touch, smell, taste, sight, hearing. By creating sample boards you can get a 3D feel of how the space would look and feel; whether the proposed fabric for the sofa is suitable, whether the wall and flooring colours work well together, and any proposals for decorative items too
- Proposal of Feng Shui fixes to encourage abundant flow – Feng Shui still being used in the Far East amongst successful businesses and some Western businesses too (Richard Branson, Bill Clinton to name a couple)
- CAD (Computer Aided Design) drawings – perfect for any projects you are looking to do that require contractors. The drawings will be available in suitable for tradespeople to use as their blueprint for the work, preventing confusion and miscommunication
- Project Management – house moves, or home improvements are one of the six most stressful things you can put yourself through. I can help *dons cape once more* and manage tradespeople, budgets, timelines, so you can relax
- Recommendations of local tradespeople – it’s always a gamble to create something new in your space, especially when you have to appoint tradespeople. I believe in supporting the local community, and will always vet the tradespeople through references and previous work before recommending them to you. I can be incredibly fussy in my selection criteria, but that’s only because I know how important it is to get the right tradesperson for the right job.
- Design of window treatment – if you’re looking for that perfect set of curtains, but unsure of where to turn, I will endeavour to provide you with suitable solutions as well as large samples so you can get a real feel for how the fabric would work in the space.
Whatever your requirements, your tailor-made package includes a 60 minute consultation, either in your own home (for Cambridge and 60 miles surrounding) or on Skype. That way we build your tailor-made package to suit your needs perfectly, and I can answer any initial concerns or questions you may have.
For those of us short of time and money, this is a great budget-friendly option that still provides you with a blueprint to work from, while giving you the freedom to make your own mark on the space.
Included in each package is a 30-minute consultation via Skype where you can pass on questions or comments for us to discuss, and it’s an opportunity for me to find out more about you, and your requirements for the space.
You will also be forwarded a clear and concise questionnaire for completion before our chat where I request measurements of the space, and photos for background knowledge.
Each option includes one set of alterations free of charge should you wish to see a second version.
The packages available are as follows:
- Colour scheme creation
- Colour and concept scheme creation
- Colour, concept scheme creation and furniture suggestions
Stress. Overwork. Tension. Frustration.
These emotions can all be created by too much clutter in your home.
What if there are some beautiful items in your possession that have been forgotten, or, drowned, in the sea of clutter?
As an empath, I work alongside you and provide you with a blueprint that’s easy to follow and helps you be held accountable.
Clutter clearance is not easy – if it was, everyone would be doing it.
The fact that you recognise it could be an issue for you means you’re ready to let it go.
Let me help you wade through the sea of despair to your long-forgotten treasures.